There’s been an increasing fear of Zika virus epidemic in India.
The mosquito accountable for Zika can also be responsible for the spread of Dengue and Chikungunya virus. This mosquito breeds broadly in freshwater and awarded the cleanliness listing of India, these pools are in abundance in the nation.
What are the indicators?
The indicators of Zika are much like those of dengue and chikungunya, diseases that propagate through the very same mosquitoes which transmit Zika.
The most frequent indicators of this disease are fever, rash, and joint pain, and reddish eyes. Other common signs include muscle strain and hassle. The incubation period for Zika virus disorder is unknown but is very likely to be a couple of days to a week.
The illness is generally mild with symptoms lasting for several days per week.
Zika virus ordinarily stays in the bloodstream of the infected individual for a couple of days, but it may be seen longer in some individuals.
See a physician if you develop the symptoms or if you have seen a place where Zika instances are typical. The health care provider may order blood tests to search for Zika on your blood.
What’s the remedy?
No vaccine or drugs are available to prevent or cure Zika infection. However, the cure exists. The following are the key points to note:
- Take lots of rest
- Take medication, for example, paracetamol to relieve pain and fever
- If you’re taking medication for a different medical condition, speak with your physician before taking another medication
- Drink enough water – this always helps
Here are some preventative measures which you must practice to stay away from Zika virus:
- Wear just long-sleeved clothing to reduce mosquito bites
- Use mosquito repellent when you intend to remain outside
- Use windows screens and bed nets to keep mosquitoes away