First and foremost as much as I love using the word’fart’, it isn’t an accepted medical term for passing gas. The word comes from the Old English word ‘Feortan’ meaning to ‘break wind.’
Before you turn down this article on the basis of how gross it is, let me tell you that passing gas is an entirely natural bodily function and it’s really a necessary and normal part of digesting food.
Now let’s talk about the benefits of farting:
1. Even though it isn’t something to worry about, it causes great discomfort. It mostly happens due to water retention or gas. Letting out the gas ensures bloating goes out of the way.
2. It will help balance your daily diet: Farting assists your own body figure out what food things it actually needs to keep a balanced diet as intake of different food items produce various kinds of gas. For eg: If you do not let one loose quite frequently, you may need to incorporate more fibers in your diet. Quite the dietician, I have to say!
3. Pat yourself on the back for taking one for the group.
4. It boosts colon health: A bottom burp may not be a good cologne but it’s good for your colon. Holding in gasoline might create serious obstruction in the colon which can eventually cause the bursting of your colon.
5. The smell is actually healthy: Before you question this point, hear us out. As soon as we pass gasoline, a little something known as hydrogen sulfide is discharged which safeguards you against future illness. Hydrogen sulfide while harmful in excess, can help prevent strokes, heart attack and cell damage when produced in tiny amounts.
And to top it all of, relief. Nothing, nothing, and nothing else can compare to the relief you get once you let one tear. Once you let out one, you understand that nothing and nobody can bring you down.