Age is just a number. You are as old as you feel. These are all statements we’ve heard before, and while growing older can be considered a mindset, there are times when the mind can feel younger than an ailing body.
No need to fret. This easy to follow Old-Age Survival Guide, provided by Supplementmart, gives us the “secrets” to living longer and feeling healthier based on the habits of those who live the longest.
America ranks 34th in the world for longevity of life, with the average male expecting to live 76 years old and the average female expecting to live to 81 years. The most common causes of death in America are heart disease, cancer and chronic lower respiratory diseases.
Simple lifestyle changes can add years to your life. There’s no need for strict diets or extreme fitness routines. Just a few additions and subtractions can put you on the path to a long and healthy life.
DIET plays a major role in your health.
- Drink Coffee to decrease your risk of diabetes, cardiovascular disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Eat fibre-rich foods and antioxidants
- Eat less to slow down your metabolism
- Drink wine in moderation to promote healthy blood sugar levels
- Cook with turmeric to boost overall skin quality
- Eat dark chocolate to gain all the life extending benefits of flavonoids
Finding balance in your lifestyle will lengthen your life
- Work reasonable hours
- Have more sex to help boost your immune system and reduce stress.
- Exercise more with fun activities, like dancing, to combat stress and depression
- Maintaining healthy relationships to increase your chance of survival by 50%.
The common traits found in people that lived to be older than 100 are that they do not smoke, they maintained a healthy weight, stayed active and ate well.
Follow these tips to living longer from Supplementmart, and you will surely feel great and live well, because “you are as old as you feel”.